Sunset Bay Escape
William Carte Drive, Alonnah
Bruny Island Tasmania 7150
CHECK IN TIME: 2pm
CHECK OUT TIME: 10am
Sunset Bay Escape is true luxury Bruny Island accommodation offering you a fantastic, spacious luxury holiday home in this very special destination.
Situated on the aptly named 'Sunset Bay', Bruny Island, Tasmania this beautifully designed luxury house is the perfect base to explore fabulous Bruny Island.
Sunset Bay Escape is around 90 minutes drive (including the 15 minute ferry journey) south of Hobart.
The property is in a fantastic beachside location en route to the famous Bruny Island Lighthouse, spectacular Cloudy Bay Beach and South Bruny National Park.
The house overlooks spectacular Sunset Bay, including Satellite Island and the Hartz Mountains. The endless costal views are uninterrupted and Sunset Bay is known to be a favourite amongst photographers on the island for capturing the most stunning sunsets.
FINDING YOUR WAY TO US
Sunset Bay Escape is located just off the Bruny Island Main Road in Alonnah, Bruny Island Tasmania. A perfect base to explore Bruny Island.
To commence your journey to Bruny Island you will drive 30 minutes south of Hobart to the waterside township of Kettering. Here you will board the Bruny Island Vehicular Ferry. The picturesque ferry ride takes approximately 15 minutes. From the top deck you will often sight seals and dolphins.
Once you depart the ferry follow the Bruny Island Main Road to Alonnah, a scenic 40 minute drive.
Once you arrive in Alonnah you will drive along the waterfront until you reach the very popular Bruny Island Hotel. Directly before the Hotel turn left into William Carte Drive. Sunset Bay Escape is approximately 200 metres on your right hand side.
LONELY PLANET: A VIDEO SHOWCASING BRUNY ISLAND PRODUCE AND AMAZING SCENERY
PROXIMITY FROM THE HOUSE TO KEY ATTRACTIONS ON BRUNY ISLAND:
- Cloudy Bay Beach - home to the Bruny Island Surf Classic, a prestigious event on the Tasmanian Surf Calendar - 20 minute drive from house
- Bruny Island Cheese Shop & Cafe - 20 minute drive from house
- Bruny Island Neck Game Reserve - at dusk you can watch fairy penguins come out to play - 15 minute drive from house
- Bruny Island Lighthouse - located on the south western edge of the cape on South Bruny Island - 25 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Berry Farm - 20 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Cruises - multi award winning wildlife and adventure cruise - 20 minute drive from the house
- Art at The Point - Cafe and Gallery showcasing a wonderful and ever changing selection of Artists in Dennes Point - 45 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Hotel - very popular bistro serving great food and showcasing local produce whenever possible. Bottle shop selling a range of Tasmanian boutique beer and wine. Free Wi-Fi. Less than a minutes walk from the house.
- Bruny Island Ferry - 40 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Premium Wines - less than a 5 minute drive from the house
- Ol Kid Fishing Charters - 20 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Cherry Orchard - 35 minute drive from the house
- Bruny Island Fudge, truffles and chocolates - 15 minute drive from the house
- Hothouse Cafe Bruny Island - all day breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bookings are essential for dinner. Panoramic views of the Neck Beach and Tasman Peninsula.
- Bruny Island Smokehouse - fully licensed bistro, bar and bottle shop
BRUNY ISLAND FERRY
The information below is provided as a guide only, please check the Bruny Island Ferry website for accurate, up-to-date information.
Kettering to Bruny Island:
6:35am (Monday to Saturday only), 7:45am, 9:30am, 11:05am, 12:05pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm, 5:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm (Friday only).
Bruny Island to Kettering:
7:00am (Monday to Saturday only), 8:25am, 10:00am, 11:35am, 12:35pm, 2:15pm, 3:15pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:50pm (Friday only).